Patient & Family Services
MVHPC & Partners Patient and Family Advisory Council
As experts in Patient and Family experiences, patients and their families are in the best position to provide recommendations on improving the planning, delivery and evaluation of care services within the framework of Patient and Family Centred Care.
Patient & Family Advisory Council Values:
Patient & Family Centred
Pursuit of Excellence
The term “patient” is used to describe any person who is or has been served by the hospital and its partners and “family” to describe any individual who provides or has provided care to a patient or former patient.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC), comprised of members of the public and staff of MVHPC and its partners, is dedicated to:
- improving quality, safety and the healthcare experience of patients and their caregivers.
- making sure programs and policies reflect patient needs; and
- improving how patients and their caregiver’s access, understand and use information and services to make healthcare decisions;
- serving as the community advisor/engagement group for BBAHS, MVHPC and SFMH to ensure that the local system is responsive and engaged with patients, clients and families in ongoing service improvement and co-design efforts.
The Public Members provide the perspective of the patients and family members who use the healthcare services, with the goal of helping to provide exemplary patient and family experiences....Learn more
You might be new to caregiving, or you might be well along your journey. Regardless of the unique circumstances of your situation, we do know that all caregiving can be incredibly rewarding, and it can be incredibly isolating and stressful too. Our caregiver support program offers:
- Assistance navigating through all the healthcare services and options
- In home volunteer respite so you can feel confident to leave your loved one in safe hands
- Education to help make caregiving easier physically, emotionally and mentally
Specially trained volunteers offer physical, social, and emotional support to the person who has been diagnosed with a life limiting condition as well as giving support to the caregiver and family....Learn more
Grief and Bereavement support is an integral part of the Hospice Palliative Care Program. Madawaska Valley Hospice Palliative Care (MVHPC) provides grief & bereavement support following the death of a loved one for a minimum of one year....Learn more
Educational Support Is Available To:
- Individual and Family
- Health Professionals
- Volunteer Training
- Advance care Planning Service Availability
Webpage links to help you learn more about palliative care and hospice services....Learn more